Serving on the Board of the Georgia Society of Otolaryngology, Dr. Mixson concentrates on all aspects of general otolaryngology including pediatrics, management of obstructive sleep apnea, and surgery of the paranasal sinuses, thyroid, and parathyroid. Dr. Mixson earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Duke University, graduating Cum Laude and with Honors in 1997. He then attended medical school at The Medical College of Georgia, where he was an alumni scholar.
Upon graduating in 2001, he remained at MCG in Augusta to complete his ENT residency. In 2006, he finished his training and moved to Athens to join Drs. Sheffield and Dempsey. His deep knowledge and experience was instrumental in developing an allergy center at ENT of Athens in order to provide more complete treatment of his chronic rhinosinusitis patients. Dr. Mixson and his wife, Jordan, and 2 children love living in Athens, especially the thriving music, cycling, and art scenes.
Board Certified in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery: 2007
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Allergy
- American Medical Association
- Georgia Society of Otolaryngology
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Crawford W. Long Society
- Governance Committee – Athens Area Health Plan
- Board Member to Georgia Society of Otolaryngology
- Board Member- Nuci’s Space